Role Title: Technical Author - Global Risk Analytics
Duration: 6-month contract | Full-time
Rate: £400 per day PAYE or £513.28 Umbrella
About the role:
Model Documentation is considered to be one of the most fundamental tenants of an effective Model Risk Management operating model. It provides a sustainable record of the models designed purpose, scope, drivers, key assumptions, limitations and compensating controls/ risk acceptances. It also provides the central vehicle for the client to communicate sound statistical modelling choices and regulatory compliance.
Technical Authors are at the centre of how the client documents Wholesale Credit Risk models for the consumption of a broad spectrum of readership and will be responsible for:
- Managing and executing the review and edit model documentation to ensure the models story is presented in an understandable and consistent way to meet Senior Management ans 3rd party expectations
- Production of high quality, comprehensive, consistent and coherent model documentation in support of regulatory submission and approval
- Acting as a Technical Authoring expert across Wholesale Credit model risk landscape
- Drawing the requisite information from model developers/ owners and translating complex methodologies into high quality easily digestible documentation
- Management of an iterative documentation review, challenge and approval process across multiple model documentation initiatives simultaneously
- Ensuring best practice standards adhered for all model risk documentation
In addition to the aspects of a Technical Author this role also requires expert knowledge of Wholesale Credit quantitative modelling.
Managers are accountable for setting the 'tone at the top' which underpins the principles of a positive and effective internal control environment. They should exhibit leadership and direction to their teams for establishing and maintaining an effective internal control environment, including the development and management of policies and procedures where appropriate. Managers should also ensure that suitable processes are put in place to review and oversight that internal control environment against those policies.
Culture & Behaviours
- Our culture supports our people and empowers them to consistently do the right thing for our customers and markets in which we operate
- Our people are competent and committed to the fair treatment of customers and not disrupting the integrity of markets
- We are open to challenge, we acknowledge when things go wrong, we fix things and we learn from our mistakes
- We reward and incentivise performance, behaviours and attitudes which deliver the fair treatment of customers and uphold market integrity
- We seek to prevent and will proactively identify actions and behaviours that constitute market misconduct, and respond appropriately
- We manage conflicts of interest and appropriately handle information to reduce the opportunity for misuse
Governance & Oversight
- Our governance framework provides effective oversight of how we fairly treat customers and uphold market integrity
Major elements of the role:
- Content heavy role -Technical Author must demonstrate strong Wholesale Credit quantitative risk modelling knowledge and stay abreast of industry developments.
- Stakeholder complexity -Technical Author will often need to gather requirements and agree designs across business stakeholders, dealing with different interests and resolving disagreements and conflicts, and sometimes needing to challenge poor requirements and design decisions. They will often attend and lead these meetings or workshops with no supervision.
- Multi-disciplinary -Technical Author must be able to gather documentation artefacts that encompass all aspects of the delivery (customer, people, process, policy, technology - system, data, infrastructure, etc).
- Often Technical Author will work across multiple documentation initiatives at the same time.
Context of the role:
Global Risk Analytics (GRA) is a part of the client's Global Risk Function which provides solutions using analytics, tools, and models to identify, measure and manage key risks. GRA currently covers Wholesale Credit and Traded Risk, Financial Crime Risk, Regulatory Compliance and Operational Risk. As GRA is focused on model development and ownership, its activities are considered First Line of Defence for model risk management.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivery of Wholesale Credit model documentation across GRA globally, working at group, regional and local levels.
The job is a major point of contact with model owners, developers, transformation project managers and delivery partners. The jobholder will work independently and will have a high level of flexibility to consult with the business at all levels. They will need to have the ability to work closely with and build good relationships with GRA and external to GRA stakeholders and delivery partners. The jobholder is expected to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, taking a lead role in documentation initiatives that impact significant numbers of users and teams group wide spanning all lines of business.
The role holder may chair decision making working groups and forums. The jobholder will not be subject to close supervision and will be expected to exercise independent initiative and judgement in proactively overcoming obstacles to success, dealing with uncertainty, and changing circumstances, such as interdependencies, opportunities, or risks. He/she will be expected to adopt an agile and flexible approach to work and an outstanding level of professionalism and conduct.
Skills and Experience required:
- Excellent understanding of Wholesale Credit Risk quantitative modelling methodologies and best practice techniques
- Very strong knowledge of the regulatory environment - EBA guidelines etc.
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and design techniques
- Strong quantitative modelling background
- Strong (5+ years) Wholesale Credit technical documentation authoring experience
- Strong stakeholder management/ interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable ability to translate complex modelling techniques into high quality, coherent documentation appropriate for a diverse technical/ non-technical audience
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements in respect to Wholesale Credit quantitative modelling
- Strong experience in a process orientated project environment; ability to work as part of a tightly focussed project delivery team
- Strong record of delivery; ability to work under pressure in delivery of projects with tight deadlines
- Superior English language skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with content authoring systems and controls an advantage
- Achieving Excellence
- Delivery at Pace
- Impactful communication
- Planning and Plan Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
Qualifications and Accreditations
- BSc/BA or higher in related discipline (Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Computer Science, Technology, Communications, Business Administration)
- Technical Authoring certification or other demonstrable writing acumen
If interested, please apply directly to the vacancy and we will be in touch to discuss suitability. We look forward to hearing from you!