Wet Process Operative
Duration: 6 months
Location: Coventry on-site
Our client is in the Aerospace industry and is looking for a Wet Process Operative to join their team.
You will process a wide range of aviation alloys, and commercial steels to precise specifications on 2 manual Lines and 1 Automated line.
- Ensuring all plant and secondary equipment is maintained in a clean and tidy condition and that all aisles and gangways are kept clear.
- Ensuring effluent treatment plant is maintained and regularly topped up.
- Ensure system maintenance programme is performed routinely and that waste materials are disposed of safely and appropriately.
- Ensuring demineralised water plant is routinely maintained and that filters are changed when required.
- Ensuring that all safety precautions are observed and adhered to using protective equipment as appropriate for use.
- Maintaining anodising chiller units in a satisfactory condition; topping up and mixing anti-freeze as required.
- To collect drawing layouts and to cross check process specifications against planning card requirements.
- Record batch details in internal record books. Correct reporting of process specifications are essential to maintain quality standard.
- Assist Team Leader with production scheduling to achieve production and budgetary targets.
- To have a working knowledge of control instrumentation, fault diagnosis, thermostats, level probes, furnace control etc.
- Keep accurate records of all stock movements, stock levels and stock usage and per requirements of the Cell procedures.
- To report all equipment failures to area supervision immediately.
- Wiring, jigging or otherwise suspending components for cleaning, plating or anodising.
- To have a working knowledge of control instrumentation, Volt/Ammeters, level probes, etc, as training requirement.
- Experience of viewing drawings and OTL(operator tool layouts) an online system.
- Experience in a similar wet process environment
- Working in an Aerospace background is desirable
- Team Player prepared to be flexible and learn all Process line techniques as required.
If you feel you have the relevant skill set for this position, please do not hesitate to submit your CV for review.