Role: Test Technician
Duration: 5 months (end of year) (potential for extension)
Business Group: Airframe Fareham (Meggitt)
- Set up and operate equipment to test/calibrate units/sub assemblies as per instructions, specifications, and procedures.
- Performs troubleshooting and failure analysis of analog and digital circuitry to component level
- Provides detailed written failure description with root cause analysis to production and engineering.
- Follows written and verbal instructions, adheres to all company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Carries out production/repair/assembly work as required within multiple departments on this site.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment and follows company safety policies.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. May need to work additional hours as necessary on evenings/weekends during periods of increased demand.
- Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities List
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Ability to work independently and prioritise duties with minimal supervision, to meet deadlines
- Skilled in the use of test equipment, hand tools, power tools and electric soldering
- Good reading and comprehension skills to understand regulations and instructions
- Ability to analyse and determine methods and procedures
- Good oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proficient Microsoft Windows software applications
Manufacturing / Non-Sedentary Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each workday doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
Meggitt Core Competencies
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Customer focus - building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Optimises work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Values differences - Recognising the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organisation
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
IF INTERESTED PLEASE FORWARD YOUR CV FOR CONSIDERATION