Test Software Engineer
Location: Cheltenham - Hybrid working
Rate: £60 an hour Inside IR35 - Umbrella
Duration: 6 Months
Our client is the world leader in providing aircraft engines, systems and avionics.
They are currently looking for a Test Software Engineer to join their team to provide testing support on one of their projects.
To support Test Rig Software (TRS) update and verification. This is a PC based software tool suite which is classed as a verification tool and is being developed to Tool Qualification Level 5 in D)178 terms. Applicants should have a PC based software programming background ideally in verification for aerospace or automotive applications.
- Running newly defined tests - debugging of the tests themselves - working out where the faults are, the equipment or the tests and raising problem reports
- Remote testing and onsite testing
- Daily reports on progress
- Requirements based verification test authoring and execution.
- Problem reporting and diagnostics
- Testing via PC based software - PC software is not flight safety critical BUT the equipment being tested is safety critical
- Overall testing support on project
- PC based software programming background ideally in verification for aerospace or automotive applications.
- Knowledge of development required based tests
- Degree level in suitable engineering field
- 5-10 years Software Engineer experience - confident in carrying out onsite and remote testing
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV for review.