Location - Leicester - 6 Month contract
£50 Per Hour Umbrella
The role will predominantly be supporting the test function spanning Oracle, .Net technologies and customer portfolio. This includes a full spectrum of current products and services, including Collaborative Working Environment (CWE), SharePoint, E&AM, Commercial systems and Advanced data analytics and visualisation tools.
The role is required to provide support of the testing solutions to the Test Team including working with the Test Analysts, and Test Lead closely with good communication skills.
Our development teams use a range of lifecycle models including Waterfall and Agile practices. Importantly, our testers are working alongside developers as part of the same team because we believe better collaboration leads to better quality.
This combined with the demands of a commercial software operation means it is essential that the successful candidate is enthusiastic about quality whilst retaining the focus on delivering a fit for purpose solution to the customer within time, cost and quality constraints.
- Work collaboratively within the teams to support all testing activities required
- Support in the specifying, designing and executing manual functional and non-functional testing required specified to demonstrate that a correct level of quality has been achieved
- Work well with the internal Project teams showing respect and listening to what is required
- Ensure the testing principles and processes are consistently followed
- Report directly to the Test Lead with progress and challenges
- Work in a manner conducive to building positive and constructive relationships with all colleagues in particular those working in development and service delivery teams and key business stakeholders
- Contribute to the continual progression of testing using any of your key skillsets
Line Manager Responsibilities
To encourage and support the team and support the Test Analyst development within the team
Key Performance Indicators
- Respect of colleagues and peers
- Completing tasks and deliverables in accordance with time, cost and quality requirements/expectations
- Communicating status of work, in a concise and informative format
- Contributing to required working or special interest groups.
- Ensuring all mandatory training is up to date evidencing Success
- Contributes supporting to improving the department and its practices
- Positive relations with colleagues and customers where applicable
- Demonstrating and adopting a Risk based approach to testing
- Working as part of the Team
- To be able to work individually
- A positive attitude and a" can do" approach to work
- Flexible and adaptable
- Communication and interpersonal skills - ability to foster effective professional relationships with others
- Team work and the ability to interact effectively in teams
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the testing process and working practices where relevant
- Able to self-learn and apply self-governance
- Tenacious and resilient
- Enthusiasm and a passion for testing
- Strong Innovative and creative thinking
- Strong Problem-solving ability
- Previous experience in software testing roles especially using complex systems
- Suitable Software Testing qualification
- Good positive attitude
- Team Player