Job Title: Technology Validation & Verification Technician
Type: Full-Time, Permanent Role
Location: Stonehouse, Gloucester
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a mechanically savvy technician to join a global leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world. We are offering a chance to join the Validation and Verification Team in the performance of V&V testing and maintenance & calibration of new and exciting products / equipment. This role is based in Stonehouse, Gloucester, at one of our most vital Research & Development sites. Everyday is going to be different as you will be working with a variety of new and different products / tools / equipment that our R&D team produce. This role is for someone who is looking for an exciting opportunity that allows them to exercise a variety of skills and work in an environment where no task is repetitive!
The mission of the Validation and Verification (V&V) Technician is to assist and support other V&V Technicians within the test facility. The V&V Technician is responsible for preparing and conducting engineering tests and reporting results. The V&V Technician combines practical skills with understanding of the overall Quality Management System and the impact of nonconformances on the performance of equipment and systems.
- Learn the skills and knowledge that are required to competently perform V&V testing, assembly and disassembly, test equipment maintenance, calibration, environmental screening, modification, troubleshooting and repair. Assist with documenting the results of tests.
- Ensure all test activities are conducted safely. Participate in creation and review of Hazard Analysis and Risk Control for these activities.
- Be familiar with inspection and test procedures, standard work and test plans, and provide input to continuously improve them.
- Use the guiding principles and tools of the QMS to drive continuous improvement, wherever applicable.
Experience & Exposures:
Previous experience in a mechanical or electro-mechanical apprenticeship, ONC/HNC in engineering, NVQ or C&G level 3 in mechanical / electro-mechanical engineering.
Skills and experience:
- General mechanical fitting or electro-mechanical experience.
- Assisting with the design and development of mechanical/electro-mechanical test fixtures.
- Undertake timely diagnosis and fault finding
- Basic machining knowledge
- Basic knowledge of pressure/hydraulic systems
- Proficient with IT business systems (e.g., Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.)
- Quick learner
- Adaptable and shows initiative
- Be able to monitor data and spot irregularities in data (e.g., over temperatures, over pressures).
- Work in a logical sequence and be detail oriented (e.g., follows procedures)
- Effective communicator - written or spoken - be able to explain ideas/suggestions.
- Is committed to the highest levels of quality in their work with a strong "do it right first-time mentality."
Excellent benefits including medical and dental insurance, a 6% pension plan, 23 days of holidays and a chance to work for the biggest Oil & Energy Technology provider.