Location - Devonport
6 Months Contract
Rate - £80ph - Umbrella
The Safety Engineer is accountable to a Senior Safety Engineer for preparing Safety documents in support of statutory legislation, the Nuclear Site Licence and Authorisation Conditions to a timescale and standard specified by the company
- To prepare appropriate Hazard Identification and Safety Assessment documentation, as required by the Plant/Project Manager, relevant to specific Plant, Processes or Modifications, in accordance with agreed standards, to meet the requirements of statutory legislation and any appropriate Committees or Regulatory Bodies.
- To ensure that the Hazard Identification and Safety Assessment documentation produced covers the scope of operations, as defined by the Plant/Project Manager, to timescales that will allow those operations to be carried out against the agreed programme.
- To identify the need for any remedial action or additional Technical/Safety justifications and agree them with the Senior Safety Engineer.
- To deliver appropriate Hazard Identification and Safety Assessment documentation against an agreed Safety Strategy utilising the Safety Engineering techniques
- To support other Safety Assessment authors by providing a quality check service to an agreed scope or area of expertise.
- To facilitate production/project activity by providing proactive and reactive support in the maintenance/preparation of safety documentation for the relevant facilities.
- To liaise with the wider engineering services ensuring an effective interface.
- To liaise with the Authorised Site ensuring an effective interface for common and specific cross site issues and resolutions.
- To support the Plant/Project Managers by responding to regulatory correspondence and supporting regulatory audit and inspection.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- A degree in a relevant Engineering/Science discipline or equivalent qualification/experience.
- Nuclear Familiarisation Course (NFC) Module 1 (Course Code NUC0793)
- Plant Familiarisation Course (PFC) Module 2 (Course Code NUC0794)
- Introduction to Safety Engineering (Course Code NUC0911)
- Safety Engineering Technical Fundamentals (Course Code NUC0912)
- Categorisation of safety assessment and determination of nuclear safety significance.
- Hazard Identification and Sentencing techniques
- To be able to demonstrate wider business awareness and decision-making skills.