Mon to Fri
£21,400 - £32,000 p/a
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Administrator/Coordinator to join the world leader in diffusion bonded heat exchangers. The compact heat exchangers are used in the most demanding duties across various industries, including power generation and energy storage, LNG production and shipping and marine propulsion.
Using your experience as a Technical Administrator/Coordinator, you will
- Progress welder test pieces through works and laboratory, expediting paperwork. Liaison with third parties to coordinate testing/analysis of weld test plates (covers new starters, returners, existing qualification upgrades and re-tests). General data analysis of test results, project costs and departmental resource hours.
- Collation of welder performance qualification packs. Maintenance of welder qualifications for ASME accreditation and biennial renewals for PED.
- Management of content for 'Engineering Wiki' (repository of critical engineering information)
- Generating work instructions, purchase orders, qualification records, toolbox talks & SOPs. Support production of training materials.
- Organisation of events such as graduate selection days, training and departmental meetings (to include recording & documenting)
- Weekly status reporting to department personnel
- Filing and archiving
What experience do I need?
You will have a Maths & English GCSE A-C grade.
We would also require experience in the following:
- 1-3 years of experience within an administrative role, preferably in a busy manufacturing industry
- Ability to work within a team whilst under minimal supervision
- ERP systems experience would be highly beneficial
- Engineering experience would be a significant advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to high levels of accuracy
- A good level of numeracy and literacy is required for this role
- A high level of proficiency is needed for the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- A good level of proficiency is necessary for the benefit of the Microsoft Project
- Well-organised with the ability to work within a busy environment
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures