Title: Systems Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Rate: £55-60 (Inside IR35)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the system design, development and integration of the assigned electrical power distribution system.
- Capturing, understanding and documenting the system and/or unit requirements.
- Support in the creation and management of power distribution system requirement baselines to enable development and integration (on New Product Implementation (NPI) projects).
- Collaborate with the Customer directly if required.
- Support trade and or technical studies to optimise the electrical power system architecture.
- Providing support to SD&I leadership in planning activities to ensure that the technical scope is accurately captured.
- Support the change control process, managing change control reports and generating and reporting metrics (on New Product Implementation (NPI) projects).
- Present at technical and program reviews.
- Support product integration at both sub-system or the at the aircraft level, this could be in de-bug of systems test results or hands-on testing in the labs and working with the Customer and engineering teams.
- Supporting the resolution of sub-system or aircraft-level issues by collaborating with the engineering teams, stakeholders and the Customer.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Awareness of system design lifecycle within aerospace, automotive or similar embedded software development environment, this could have been gained through a placement / internship, or, from direct work experience.
- Awareness of development of real-time embedded software processes, and subsequent verification.
- Awareness of target hardware and test equipment.
- Ability to execute and solve problems autonomously.
- A degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent level of knowledge and experience.