Supply Chain Manager
About the role
This is a Senior Supply Chain Manager role within Babcock Engineering Training services managing the fleet for the MET Police
The Procurement & Supply Chain function is currently undergoing a transformational program which will enable the successful candidate to become part of, and shape, a best in class function.
This is a hands on, project facing, role reporting into the Senior Supply Chain Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and implementing supplier agreements, management of key supplier relationships, business improvement as well as day to day activities.
As the Transformation project continues the role will ultimately become responsible and accountable to the Contract Directors, whilst reporting to the function, for all supply chain activities.
- This is a hands on, project facing, role to be responsible for operational delivery through establishing and managing supplier agreements as directed including but not limited to, market analysis for future requirements, undertaking full due diligence activity, running the tender processes, negotiating and contracting procurement solutions as well as managing the delivery and integration of these solutions into the operation.
- Addressing all supplier / supply chain issues presented in the contracts within the line of business
- Ensure that the governance process is followed; producing information as required
- Negotiating Contract / Framework agreements with suppliers
- Responsible for the management of order commitments to suppliers ensuring budget and delivery dates are achieved; Dealing with issues that may arise; conducting Open Order Book reviews monthly with key/strategic supplier;
What do I need to do the role?
You should have demonstrable Supply Chain experience.
- Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Business Transformation & business change experience
- Process and system change within a corporate environment
- Manufacturing/Engineering background desirable
If you're a supply chain manager with experience in transformation projects or a keen eye for continuous improvement then we would like to hear from you! If you would like to be considered then please apply and one of the team will be in touch to discuss your application.