Location - Southampton
Salary - £60,000 + 10% Bonus
Are you a Supplier Quality Manager from within the renewable energy or aerospace sector? If you're looking for an opportunity contribute your experience and add value to one of the world's leading wind turbine blade manufacturers, keep reading.
Are you ambitious and passionate about making a positive impact on the world, and have extensive experience driving quality and implementing quality plans?
As a Supplier Quality Manager, you will take ownership of supplier quality results, including supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving continuous improvements. Does this sound like you?
- Lead a team of Supplier Quality Engineers & CAPEX Supplier Quality Engineers globally
- Drive and manage external supplier development in terms of quality
- Drive and Manage external CAPEX supply base globally
- Work with Sourcing and Engineering to develop and execute strategy for qualification of new suppliers
- Ensure the management of supplier quality development for the assigned panel of suppliers in line with sourcing strategy to achieve the desired supplier performance is met as per the target.
- Perform Qualification audit, Surveillance audit, Quality incident audit of suppliers supplying direct materials and equipment's.
- Setting up supplier assessment improvement action plans to match the supplier capability to the organisation's requirements.
- Ensure that suppliers have a defined roadmap to meet the organisations Requirements, Qualification Process
- Work with the CAPEX and Supplier Quality Development team to build maturity of suppliers with regards to APQP
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in working in Manufacturing, and 5 years of experience in managing supplier development activities
- Auditing skills as per ISO9001:2015, TS16949:2016.
- Knowledge of PDCA, SPC, 8D, Poke Yoke and FMEA methodologies.
- Good knowledge of logistics, quality, reliability, quality systems and sourcing business processes.
- A bachelor or master's degree in engineering with experience in an engineering discipline.
- Able to travel 40% in their work schedule
- Experience in dealing with International Customers/ Suppliers / Customs.
- Willingness to take responsibility and drive the solution of complex problems.
If you believe that you are a good fit for the Supplier Quality Manager, submit your CV now. We are more than happy to answer queries and help you with your journey. This role is a great opportunity for someone to work in a field and ready to maximise their potential.