Supplier Quality Lead Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000 p/a
This role will have some flexibility to work from home, but the successful candidate will need to be able to commute the office 3 days a week. Working for my client in the Life Sciences industry means being at the forefront of providing new solutions to transform human health.
Their incredible customers undertake life-saving activities ranging from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, new medicines, and cell and gene therapies. You will be able to continuously improve yourself and them - working on challenges that truly matter with people that care for each other, their customers, and their patients.
This company is pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives.
What you'll do
- The Supplier Quality Lead Engineer will collaborate with Engineering, Project Management, Field Service teams, and Sourcing team on all activity required to effectively manage supplier quality requirements & supplier development. Primary areas of focus will be supplier auditing, qualification, continuous improvement and supplier change request resolution.
- Improve Supplier Quality performance for assigned suppliers through Quality Plan implementation.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers in compliance with the CAPA process.
- Assure supplier compliance to QMS and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
- Collaborate with Suppliers and internal Stakeholders to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Costs of Quality and support implementation of Supplier/Engineering changes, New Product Introductions and Transfers.
Who You Are
- Demonstrated technical aptitude: strong background in interpretation of drawings/ specifications, and manufacturing process planning / evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance to Cytiva, regulatory and industry requirements
- Direct experience in supplier technical development or supplier quality development
- Earned a Degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent non-technical degree with experience in Manufacturing, Engineering or Quality Assurance.
- Effective problem solver, with the skills to lead Root Cause investigations / CAPA plans and influence others cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
- Desire and ability to travel ~30% of the time
- Proactive, self-driven, results seeking and enthusiastic intensity