Supplier Quality Engineer
Duration: 6 month contract (Possibilities for extension due to scope of project)
Location: Supplier sites around the UK
Rate: £25 - £35 an hour Umbrella - Please note this role is inside IR35
You will require your own vehicle and a clean full UK divers licence - travel expenses/mileage will be covered
Our client is a world leader in power generation. They are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer with minimum of 5 years with proven experience in managing suppliers in the Power/nuclear industry.
You will be a Lead Auditor with effective problem-solving skills with experience in MoD related Quality requirements in supporting major projects.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- Establish an approved and qualified Supply base complaint to Nuclear and Defence requirements.
- Supply base that is fully conversant with product qualification processes.
- Suppliers fully capable of meeting the delivery of correct Quality documents to the required processes, project specific procedures and schedules.
- Management of all Product qualification utilising company processes.
- Timely execution of Quality Inspection, progressive document reviews and product release from Suppliers.
- Effective management and disposition of CAPA and leading RCA /8D with Suppliers
- Continual monitoring and improvement of suppliers using improvement processes and tools.
- Aware of and comply with UK Ministry of Defence Quality Assurance requirements, ensuring compliant flow down and adherence throughout supply chain.
- Ensure a compliant and qualified supply base by conducting supplier evaluations and audits.
- Improve supplier quality performance for assigned suppliers via Quality Plan implementation.
- Approve supplier selection through robust qualification processes.
- Expand supply chain through supplier selection, assessment and qualification.
- Assure supplier compliance to Naval SQAR and regulatory requirements through supplier monitoring process.
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with Sourcing Leaders to manage and implement supplier/engineering changes, New Product Introductions, and transfers.
- Interface with Suppliers, Engineering, Service, Manufacturing and Sourcing to drive Quality improvements that minimise the Costs of Quality.
- Assure Corrective and Preventive Action plans are developed and executed at assigned suppliers
- Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy to ensure compliance.
- Develop and execute on Supplier Audit Plan.
- Ensure timely approval of Quality documents as part of progressive review and approval.
- You will come form a mechanical, nuclear, power, forging or casting background
- Degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent non-technical degree with experience in manufacturing, engineering or quality assurance.
- Experience in manufacturing, engineering, quality assurance.
- Experience of complex fabrications and knowledge of welding & NDE processes would be desirable
- Experience in defence-related quality assurance requirements.
- Trained Lead Quality Supplier Auditor
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheet development and analysis.
- Effective problem solving, root-cause analytical skills to lead and influence others to drive change (cross-functionally and globally).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies and in-depth understanding of site level products and related processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge on SAP/NCR reporting systems.
If you feel you fit these requirements please submit your CV in the first instance.