Location - Devonport
6 Months Contract
Rate - £60ph - Umbrella
This role will involve delivering the infrastructure upgrades for the existing dry dock that will be used for the submarine defuels. The role is part of that Engineering Team that is delivering the designs for each of those work packages.
- To undertake the delivery of civil / structural engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for managing the technical aspects of the engineering packages from identification of the need, through to handover.
- Manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide advice as per discipline.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
- Ensuring effective Quality Management Arrangements, operate and deliver through compliance with the Business Management System and Technical Manual.
- Ensure that the processes and activities being managed are appropriately documented with appropriate records maintained and configuration and quality controls applied.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures, particular experience in dock structures preferred.
- Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings.
- Knowledge of building services design and installation.
- Preferably experience of relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions.
- Preferably knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
- Be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle.
- A track record in Structural / Civil design in a comparable environment.
- Experience working in a multi-disciple environment with multiple interfaces.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound understanding of procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Preferably experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities.