Location - Fareham
Contract - 6 - 12months
Rate - Competitive hourly rate - PAYE
Client is looking for a Material Controller to maintain master production schedules and action materials and planning recommendations to achieve delivery dates. Maintain the manufacturing plan spreadsheets to ensure accurate production build capacity for a 6-month contract based in Fareham.
- Maintain an achievable MPS to give best response to sales order requirements and advise Materials Control manager of any "due date" issues
- Process all MRP recommended works order actions
- Ensure all required documents are present in the correct works order kits.
- Ensure all works order kits are shortage free and loaded on time.
- Load works order kits to production to meet scheduled demand and update MAX(MRP) WIP tracking data.
- Take responsibility for progress of work, liaising with Purchasing, Machine Shop and Assembly areas as appropriate.
- Action all unplanned issues, providing resolution or escalate as appropriate.
- Provide MAX transactions to dispatch sales orders
- Provide assistance to the Purchasing Department by progressing purchase orders as and when requested by Materials Production Scheduler.
- Ensure Manufacturing Plan spread sheets are accurate and updated daily.
- Attend daily review of Manufacturing Plans with Materials Production Scheduler
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Decision making
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Proven experience of working within a similar environment
- Solid experience within materials, logistics or supply chain gained within a Manufacturing Environment
- Experience of working within a "lean" manufacturing process would be advantageous.
- Stock control methods, MRP/ERP Systems
Should you be interested in the role, then please apply with CV to