Specification Sales Engineer
North West (Travelling across the North West)
£40,000 - £45,000 + 5% quarterly bonus
The electrical industry has counted on my client for over a century to deliver products that perform. Their heritage and dedication give their customers the tools and assurance to get the job done.
Each Fire Performance cable manufactured is the result of independent research and development long before the British Standard was available. This is part of my client's long term development of the next generation of fire resistant cables for life safety and property protection. These cables are essential to many industries including, Renewables, Telecoms and many more.
They now have an opportunity, based in the north of England, for a Specification Sales Engineer to join the Trade & Installers Commercial team for the Fire Performance product range.
Reporting to the Trade & Installers Commercial Manager you will develop relationships with specifiers, consultants and electrical contractors to ensure specification of and demand creation for my client's cables, in particular Fire Performance products.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- To ensure our products are specified by promoting their features and benefits and demonstrating that they are the best products available.
- To monitor specifications ensuring that the Company wins orders and by switching specifications, to ensure that our competitors lose orders.
- To attend meetings with customers and present on such matters as new product introductions, projects, new service initiatives and specification.
- Provision of training on products to distributors, consultants and end users.
- To work closely with the Marketing Department, ensuring a match between product offerings and our customer requirements by identifying discreet and ongoing product and pricing policies for each respective market sector.
- In conjunction with the sales team, ensure projects are tracked and won either direct or through our chosen distributor(s).
- To respond to customer enquiries, ranging from straightforward verbal quotations to overseeing major tender processes.
This role will involve travel, mostly within the UK, but occasionally overseas.
You will be a first class communicator with successful specification sales experience in a technical oriented environment. An engineering and/or technical electrical background is essential, together with an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
This position benefits from a flexible working arrangement; 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays; a health cash plan scheme; share purchase scheme in addition to other benefits.