Location: Cheltenham 3 days a week and remote possible
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £45 per hour - Umbrella (Inside IR35)
The Indirect Sourcing Specialist is responsible for supporting the Indirect Sourcing Lead in regards to understanding the sourcing requirements of the business, developing and conducting small to medium sized RFQs in a manner compliant with the companies procedures and developing and using some elements of project management to be able to report progress to the business in an informative and concise manner
- Work closely with all stakeholders to support the business requirements in a timely manner. Physical presence on-site required 2-3 times per week.
- Use initiative and problem-solving mentality to ensure maximum value delivery.
- Ensure best value for goods/services, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs while executing against set strategies.
- Interface with the Buy Desk, AP support and any other support functions on issues that arise to drive resolution to supplier challenges.
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements and determine potential sources.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced goods and services meet the needs of the business.
- Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques.
- Monitor supplier delivery performance and develop improvement strategies to ensure business needs are met.
- Work closely with stakeholders on the management of high-value purchase orders (POs)
- Use sound purchasing practices and assure compliant acquisition of goods or services that meet applicable MSA's, company and government regulations.
- Drives completion of tasks respecting deadlines and communicating openly with stakeholders and Sourcing Lead
- Minimum 3 years Sourcing experience.
- Demonstrated sourcing and/or purchasing experience or transferable skills including negotiation, identifying opportunities and supporting supplier selection to achieve timely execution.
- Proven ability to execute and deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrated professional oral / written communication and influencing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills Strong PC and database management skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, with sound judgment and a diplomatic attitude.
- Strong attention to detail.
Should you be interested in the role then please apply with CV.