We are looking to recruit a Sourcing Specialist for a leading global provider of technology and services to the energy industry based in Aberdeen.
The organisation operates in 120 countries and design, develop, and deliver technology and services to the Oil & Gas industry. The Sourcing Specialist is responsible to implement sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to their assigned portfolio to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan. The position reports to the Product and Service Delivery Manager for UK & Europe. Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
How will you play your part?
* Create Purchase Information Records in SAP
* Implement sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, meeting required delivery times, and minimizing cost.
* Document the performance of action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
* Conduct requests for information, quotation, information, proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
* Evaluate current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
* Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
* Identify opportunities and implement actions to continually reduce wasted time, money, and resources from assigned tasks.
* Comply with Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function.
What are we looking for?
* Bachelors or Masters in Supply Chain/Business or related discipline
* 1-3 years' experience in Supply Chain/Procurement
* Experience with SAP is an advantage but not essential
* Experience with chemical sourcing is an advantage but not essential
This opportunity is offered on a permanent basis, with flexible home working options. We offer a competitive salary with a performance related bonus and a host of excellent benefits.