Role: Software Engineer
Location: Cheltenham / Hybrid
Duration: 12 months
Rate: Up to £75/hour Umbrella
You will be responsible for developing and/or verifying safety-critical software for an aircraft electrical power distribution system. You will be passionate about ensuring high-quality software requirements, and relish designing & writing efficient software to meet those requirements and stand the test of time. You will have experience of software development and verification & validation, and you will thrive on solving technical problems, in collaboration with other engineering functions.
- Software requirements analysis
- Software design
- Implementation (language is C)
- Module test and integration test
- Timing analysis, full software verification, authoring and execution of software test scripts
- Software Development (requirements, design, code)
- Software Verification (review, test, analysis.
- Undertake Software engineering tasks as requested by team lead.
- Working to DO178-C
- Ability to analyse tasking and provide feedback if the task appears more complicated than first envisaged.
- Experience in use of: DOORS, TI Code Composer Studio IDE, WindRiver Workbench, LDRA (or similar), Rational Team Concert, Rally and Jenkins
- Experience to Agile and/or iterative development processes
- Exposure to support of Aerospace Certification Authority led activities, including SOI Audits
- Experience in writing assembler
- Knowledge of network protocols inc. ARINC 664, ARINC-429, ARINC 629 and ARINC-825 (CAN)
- Knowledge / Experience of document records management
To apply please send your CV's in the first instance.