Title: Software Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Rate: £40-50 p/h
- Write, debug and validate software and firmware to control and provide user interfaces to complex tools, devices and robot systems.
- Write and maintain automated tests.
- Maintain build chain and automated build systems.
- Maintain code repositories and perform code reviews.
- Develop creative solutions to challenging technical problems using software development as a tool.
- Work with and enhance the OC Robotics in-house software architecture: Sirius.
- Promote the use of Sirius more widely in GE Aviation
Required specialist skills
- Excellent and extensive C++ (including templates, stl and full use of OOP)
- Good python
- Build and debugging tools
- Firmware, Linux and Windows experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.