Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £60 per hour Ltd/Umbrella - Inside IR35
My client is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join their busy team in Southampton. As an Engineer in our Software team, you will be responsible for the Software Engineering in developing safety-critical software for aircraft systems. You will relish architecting a design to meet the customer's requirements that stand the test of time.
- Act as a member of the Software team, representing the face of high quality design and development practices, working closely with cross-functional teams in understanding customer needs, collecting requirements, designing & implementing software, and driving feature integration
- Write code that adheres to coding standards and delivers desired functionality using the appropriate technology for the project/product
- Design and document application software that will meet the requirements of DO-178C, mostly at level D
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedure
- Generate Estimates for coding solutions and enhancements to meet customer requirements to support technical proposals.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis Activities and support resolution of complex & challenging issues
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
Qualifications / Requirements
- Previous experience in an aviation, automotive or similar software development environment.
- An appropriate degree or HND in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology Engineering or Computer Science or similar.
- Demonstrable experience in design methodology and various programming languages, including C# .net and C++, SQL, Azure DevOps, Terraform.
- Experience of the software design lifecycle
Please submit your CV in the first instance.