Site Reliability Engineer
Competitive Salary + Healthcare + Pension + Life Insurance + Hybrid Working
Are you an experienced Software Engineer with knowledge on DevOps/Automation looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to work on an upcoming revolutionary project responsible for the end-to-end delivery of a new solution to help Oil and Gas operators to manage and reduce their methane emissions? Working for a global leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry. This is an exciting, rare opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic individual to work in a fast pace agile environment, frequently running experiments to validate assumptions, where your contributions and decisions will have a direct impact on outcomes.
The Site Reliability Engineer will have complete control on the reliability and uptime of the product, engaging in improving the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement, this involves:
- Maintain and improve services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Collaborates with network and security staff to ensure smooth, secure and reliable operation of application software and systems
- Support for SRE tooling such as: Rundeck, Pagerduty, Stackdriver, PAM access (cyber Ark), Operational Readiness (Internal process), DR/Incident Drills, Incident reports, Cost Dashboards, Billing exports, certificates etc
Experience & Exposures:
- You will either hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject such as Information Technology & Computer Science or have relevant industry experience.
- Strong understanding/ be familiar with the following technology: Kubernetes, Dockers, Istio, Azure, Azure DevOps, Graphana, Prometheus, NoSQL and SQL DBs.
- Strong Software Engineering background with the ability to debug & optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Be capable of adaptability and willingness to learn new technologies; keeps abreast of key developments in relevant technologies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply or feel free to contact me for more information at or give me a call on 01172840431.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are not able to get back to everyone who applies. Therefore if you have not heard back from Jefferson Wells within 7 days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful however we will contact you if suitable roles come up that match your skill set.