Global Valuations Team
Senior Equity Valuation / Product Controller
GCB 4 London, UK
Contractor Role - Initially 6 month's rolling contract with potential to keep extending.
Daily rate: Up to £525 pd PAYE or up to £673.68 pd via Umbrella
The Global Valuations and Analytics Group is part of Global Product Control and undertakes four main activities: Valuations, Global Valuation Reporting, Quantitative Analysis and Quantitative Infrastructure Development.
Reporting locally into the Head of Valuations Europe, and functionally into the Head of Valuations - Equities, the holder will cover a set of diverse and important processes and methodologies aligned to the European Equities businesses including Structured Equity Derivatives and Prime. The role holder will have to engage local stakeholders to discuss valuation issues, whilst functioning as part of the globally-aligned Equities Valuation operating model, and acting as subject matter expert to provide oversight on the operation of the Krakow-based Equities Valuations team.
Valuation activity covers all Independent Price Verification (IPV), Fair Value Adjustments (FVA) and Prudent Valuation Adjustments (PVA) processes across businesses, including the US and Asia regions.
- Responsible for the production includes:
- IPV, FVA and Prudent Valuation (PVA) balances
- Methodologies and documentation.
- Monitoring model restrictions and recommendations
- Levelling returns.
- Ensure that the governance and controls of fair value is adhered to. Prepare for and contribute to the valuation committees that opine on fair value for the business areas concerned.
- Drive the methodology and implementation of FVAs, IPV and PVA changes, keep abreast of industry information of around this important asset class, engage the business on matters regarding Equity valuations and be a key contact for internal and external audit.
- Ensure Valuation FIM requirements and other applicable accounting / regulatory standards are met.
- Ensure the efficient and effective management of IPV, FVA and PVA processes and to ensure that accounting and regulatory standards are met.
- Close management of fair value adjustments for the Equity businesses
- Working with the Global Head of Equity Valuation to standardize and align the valuation framework across regions.
- Work closely with the core Product Control team to ensure they are up to date with valuation issues and that the Equiy Valuation team is up to date with any core Product Control issues.
The candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
- Graduate degree with experience in Product Control or Valuations.
- Detailed knowledge of Product Control processes and proven experience of managing Product Control or Financial Process based activities.
- Market derivative knowledge in Equity asset class & other asset class experience (highly beneficial)
- Experience of Equity Models and Derivatives Valuation Framework
- Experience of developing methodology and shaping policy for IPV / FVAs is a distinct advantage.
- Good understanding of accounting requirements for Valuation activity in Global Markets.
- Good understanding and appreciation of Regulatory requirements and guidelines for Valuation activity.
- Experience of interacting with internal and external stakeholder groups (Business, Risk, Internal and External Audit).
If you are interested in this opportunity apply now! Or alternatively reach out to email me on