Senior Systems Engineer
Contract: 6 Months
Rate: Negotiable (inside IR35)
My client is looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to operate within their Strategic Infrastructure Business Unit.
- Develop, lead, and manage one or more technical design packages agreeing project related objectives, managing designer performance and making appropriate technical management responses. Provide Subject Matter Expert advice as per discipline.
- Ensure that staff and contractors are familiar with the hazards and risks associated with the work undertaken by the delegated engineering team through effective management and communication of the Risk Assessment.
- Ensure that the design documentation covers the scope of operations required by the Project Manager and is produced to agreed standards, schedule and budget.
Essential Skills / Experience Required:
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification & planning experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards) and registered with Engineering Council.
- Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
- Understanding of the workings of Nuclear licenced sites
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary engineering activities through design, implementation and operation with a core focus on safety
To apply or to be considered for the role then please do forward your CV.