Plant Quality Manager
6 Month Assignment
£350 - £375 Per Day
We've got an exciting Plant Quality Manager role based at our state of the art facility in Coventry. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Aerospace, be a proven Quality 'change agent' & be able to utilise your Lean/Six Sigma methodology to improve processes and reduce waste.
In this role you will report into our Head of Quality & Provide local leadership for the quality activities & performance of the supply base and the Quality Engineering function. You will provide competent quality professionals into each value stream to drive the short to long term strategies. You will be joining a FTSE 100 business who promote a high performance culture.
- Support the Head of Quality in the development and implementation of short, medium and long term objectives with respect to product assurance and quality
- Drives the deployed leading indicators within the function and in supports other functions as appropriate
- Responsible for managing collation of data key site metrics, & reporting them to the head of quality
- Responsible for the training of all direct reports, ensuring that the skills are relevant for the location that the team members have been deployed
- Responsible to ensure a pattern of rotation of the team members throughout the various value streams
- Leads daily DLA with functional team members
- Driving a RFT programme across the facility that drives improvement across all processes ensuring processes are repeatable and predictable
- Developing a 'zero defect' mind set to the manufacturing processes
- Conversant with the requirements of ISO9001 and AS/EN9100 series, and customer Quality requirements
- Strong and proven leadership skills
- Post-Secondary Degree in Quality Assurance or equivalent
- Certified Lead Auditor or equivalent experience in related field
- Familiar and understanding of current regulatory requirements issued by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA), UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and UK MOD
- Keen analytical skills with a high level of attention to details in order to prepare statistical analysis
- Ability to make technical and managerial decisions which will have a significant effect on Quality Assurance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams as well as communicate effectively with all internal and external customers and employees in a timely and effective manner
- Able to lead, plan and direct technical efforts, and apply technical tools to meet team objectives
For more information please click APPLY NOW.