Senior Project Manager
Location - Malvern
£500 per day - Umbrella - Inside IR35
6 Months Contract
The role will be involving leading on complex bids and managing range of complex projects, often with projects managers directly reporting to the programme manager for delivery of projects and bids.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a Safe & Secure manner. Embedding a culture in line with the company's values. Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements; and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the company performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across the business.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements (including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry of data onto SAP CRM relating to your opportunities, and maintain this data to reflect any changes in key inputs including: Order Value, Order Intake Scenario, (Low, Base, High, Excluded), Bid Due date, Closing Date, Sales Stage, Margin, Revenue Profile and up to date notes.
- Stakeholder Management
- Foundation Sales
- Negotiation & Conflict
- Business Development
Desirable Experience of some or all the following:
- Solid experience in managing complex software engineering projects
- Ability and track record in leading and driving high performing teams, including managing multi-disciplinary teams (>30 team size).
- Experience in managing multiple, interdependent threads of development, many of which are on the critical path, in addition to independent activities.
- Ability to work and liaise across a large programme, e.g. working with hardware, test and integration to ensure delivery of an integrated product.
- Managing sub-contracts and subcontractors.
- Experience of both agile processes and waterfall.
- Ability to use JIRA, Confluence and Atlassian.
- Familiarity with EVM reporting.
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B.
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 3-5 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects.
- Experience delivering projects to 3 different customers.
If you feel you are suitable and wish to apply, then please send your CV over.