Role: Senior Project Manager
Length: 6 Month Initial Contract
Rate: £60/hr Umbrella (Inside IR35)
Location: Ashton House, Ashton Vale Rd, Bristol BS3 2HQ - Hybrid - 2 Days On-Site
Mission Systems is transforming, and our client needs you to support their drive for growth, leading their teams through exciting and sometimes challenging situations. You'll be one of our clients Senior Project Managers, overseeing and delivering complex projects across a number of engineering contracts. Providing day-to-day operational management of a team of project staff, you'll be responsible for the timely and cost-effective delivery of products and services to our customers.
You'll play a key role in growing our clients contracts and building strong customer relationships, implementing their ambitious strategy. You'll drive growth and the role will provide high levels of responsibility and the opportunity to work at the front of delivering some key UK Defence and Security contracts.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing overall operational and strategic management of assigned tasks projects within your project team.
- Project management of complex engineering projects ensuring that the delivery teams understand cost, time and quality requirements and remain coordinated in their approach to delivering agreed scope of work.
- Providing end-to-end delivery throughout the project lifecycle, you'll also be responsible for supporting with requirement capture, scoping, technical and commercial solutions and the generation of pricing models and proposal documents.
- Providing effective risk management to ensure that the business' risk exposure is kept to a minimum and is effectively managed throughout the project.
- Ensuring that effective change management is applied to projects, balancing flexibility to changing customer requirements with the need for robust commercial agreements.
- Defining acceptance criteria for contracted deliverables and production of professional handover documentation to ensure timely close-out of milestones and projects as well as technical handover to our operational teams.
- Identifying, reviewing and applying lessons learnt as part of continuous improvement for future requirements.
- Reviewing and presentation of management information including regular finance reviews and Project Boards to ensure effective internal stakeholder management and stringent financial management.
- Ensuring that the project team are working to a consistent high standard and customer and business stakeholders and kept informed.
- APM PMQ, Chartered status or equivalent (advantageous)
- Considerable experience in the advanced application of Project Management techniques in a relevant technical project environment.
- Experience in leading and managing a team of project staff, providing direction and motivation.
- Experience managing projects with differing demands and deadlines.
- Great financial management to ensure a high level of profitability on projects.
- Experience delivering solutions with a diverse team of both internal resource teams and external supply chains
- Direct line management experience as well as leadership in a matrix environment
- Experience of working within the Defence and Security sector is highly desirable
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of contract and commercial management
- Experience working with senior level managers both internally and externally.
Skills and attributes
- Passion for the business - driving short and longer term contract delivery performance and growth throughout the business
- Relationship management - building effective working relationships with key customers, internal stakeholders and suppliers where appropriate
- Project Management expertise - especially in requirements capture, risk and financial management
- Business acumen and consultative selling skills - seen by customer as a trusted advisor rather than salesperson
- Coaching and leadership - providing leadership and influence in a matrix organisation to direct line reports and the wider team and fulfilment members from across the business
- Facilitation - engaging a cross section of functional representatives from customer and colleague communities; you're able to operate at all levels in and across the organisations
- Technical - a background in, or a general understanding of, mechanical, electrical, data and minor construction disciplines is highly desirables