We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer with Gas Processing experience to work within the Monoethylene Glycol (MEG) and Gas Process Technology teams. The organisations' MEG technology and patents are world leading and as Senior Process Engineer you will act as lead on medium, large and complex/critical tenders/projects taking full ownership of all process engineering activities. You will be responsible for leading, undertaking and delegating/managing process engineering activities and deliverables within the team. You will work closely with the Process Technology Teams, Project Engineering Manager, other engineering disciplines and other project support functions to execute the project in accordance with the as sold requirement and Client expectations.
- Evaluate customer inquiries and specifications in support of the proposal team to determine the best process or equipment design for the application. Includes determining the required scope of work to be provided and developing the best strategy to win the technical proposal.
- Design equipment to match specifications or clearly define differences (clarifications or exceptions list) to customers.
- Develop "deliverables" for cost estimating, design engineering, and drafting.
- Creation of all process feed/project deliverables in accordance with the Cameron and Client requirements.
- Perform complex process simulations utilising Schlumberger defined software (Symmetry, Hysys or Pro-Max).
- Create / review / comment on complex PFDs and P&IDs.
- Perform line sizing calculations.
- Process input with selection and location of level control equipment.
- Recommend control valve types and define PSV sizing basis.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of all products and their technical design features and application.
- Generate Control Narrative and Control Philosophy in conjunction with instrumentation discipline.
- Attend client clarification and kick off meetings as required.
- Develop cause and effect charts and participate in client HAZOP or lead internal HAZOP.
- Produce Installation, Operating (Start-up and Shut-down) & Maintenance Instruction manuals, including lists for Consumables, Special Tools, Lubricants, and Utilities.
- Produce training materials and run training sessions.
- Develop equipment data sheets with process data.
- Perform Peer Reviews of team design work including proposals, deliverables, and fabrication drawings.
- Provide technical support for troubleshooting.
- Perform on-site start-up and/or troubleshooting.
- Approve and follow engineering project schedule, coordinate design work with the global resource as applicable, input to man-hour estimates and utilize MOC process.
- Contribute to the development of Schlumberger procedures.
- Knowledge share in the development of others.
- Participate in the R&D and sustaining of the product and technologies.
- Gas Processing Experience and in particular MEG/Glycol regeneration systems
- Preferred Chartered Engineer Status.
- In-depth knowledge of national and international codes and standards for oil field process equipment design, field installation and start-up procedures.
- Highly competent in process equipment design and sizing.
- Ideal hands-on experience with field start-up/trials and troubleshooting experience of systems produced.
- Clear understanding of the various raw material types, grades and selection criteria.
- Experience/skill with multidiscipline project engineering functions
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor degree (BEng or BSc) in Chemical, Petroleum Engineering, with experience in the design and selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry;
- Or Master (MEng or MSc) Degree in Chemical, Petroleum Engineering with experience in the selection of process equipment for the Oil and Gas Industry; or equivalent experience.