Senior Network Automation Engineer
Crawley (2 days a week in office)
The Senior Network Automation Engineer is a member of the Network Engineering team. The team is responsible for global network design and architecture, leading new initiatives, as well as evaluating and commercializing new solutions for a global large-scale enterprise network.
The candidate should have significant experience developing infrastructure automation solutions for organizations operating at a large global scale. They should be able to challenge current approaches and promote new ideas that will transform the network automation team, and the solutions being developed. They will join a team of talented Network Automation Engineers who are instrumental in re-thinking the approach to network operations, by implementing an automation-first approach, and discovering innovative ways to manage a unique and challenging network infrastructure. They will have the opportunity to explore new technologies and develop their own initiatives/projects.
- Communicate with stakeholders to determine requirements and design innovative and effective automated solutions, guidelines and industry best practices.
- Develop automation solutions using a modern technology stack, following Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Collaborate closely with other teams such as Cybersecurity and Network Operations to ensure solutions are compliant and fit for purpose.
- Build, test and deploy automation solutions using CI/CD processes
- Commercialize solutions, including training, documentation, communication, and support processes.
- Share expertise and knowledge by mentoring, training, and supporting Junior Engineers
- Manage and support network automation systems, and other related infrastructure
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Teamwork, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative, innovative mind set, willing to share ideas and opinions
- Experience with Linux, containerization, and technologies like SaltStack, Ansible and Terraform
- Competent with Python, designing, and developing APIs, and secure coding best practices
- Familiarity with software lifecycle management solutions like Azure DevOps or GitHub, including developing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with data modeling, process design, system architecture, and integration
- Strong knowledge of computer networking (SD-WAN, firewalls, routers, switches, wireless LAN, public cloud providers), as well as network management/monitoring systems.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree
- Experience in computer networking, infrastructure automation and software development.
Please note this is not a process automation or robotics (RPA) automation role.