Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: 12 Months
Rate: £40-45 p/hour Inside IR35
The Senior Engineer manages the delivery of engineering and technical activities, through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
At this level; an experienced engineer, high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area, resolves specific technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements. Coaches, mentors and assists others on matters pertaining to their own discipline, developing business awareness, builds strong working relationships with stakeholders, works independently with limited technical direction or as part of a small team.
This is the level for an experienced engineer working with a high level of developed knowledge in a specialist subject area; the role is directly accountable for designs, developments and determines solutions to problems and issues within a specialist subject area.
Able to work on a range of engineering problems involving high levels of complexity & uncertainty. Provides help and direction to less experienced team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
1. Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
2. Assist in effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
3. Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities
4. Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
5. Contribute to Project Safety Assessment process
* Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
* Chartered Engineer status (or actively working toward Chartered Status)
* Experience in working collaboratively in multi-discipline teams to deliver activities on a range of project types
* Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities
* Good communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
* Experience with lifting equipment & installation
* Knowledge of standards & production of specifications
* Knowledge of shielding & containment
Minimum level of Qualifications to be verified
(*N.B. only qualifications essential to the requirements of the role need to be checked)
Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- 10 days ago