Senior Mechanical Engineer
12 Month Contract
- Provide cost/timescale information and progress reporting.
- Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of multi-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage several teams of Designers and Engineers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has presented at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Ideally will have a working knowledge of Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Preferably degree qualified (HNC Minimum) or equivalent.
- Must have significant nuclear experience and experience of producing mechanical design deliverables for Mechanical Handling Equipment, Special Purpose Machinery, Lifting Equipment etc
For more information please click the APPLY button now.