Senior Storage and Hosting Engineer
£601 Per Day (PAYE)
- Operate and maintain traditional IT infrastructures, cloud ecosystems, and IT services to meet business needs. Manages compute physical/virtual and storage environments; oversees systems and services maintenance and security
- Work with teams and cross-functional partners to identify and resolve systematic operational challenges that impact the customer experience
- Proactively support and manage the global portfolio of Hosting and Storage Solutions ensuring platforms run effectively, securely and efficiently, ensuring hyper-vigilant support is provided
- Be responsible for maintaining and proactively managing the global portfolio of Hosting and Storage Solutions
- Provide Specialist level Incident and Problem management support.
- Perform problem identification and root cause analysis for complex issues.
- Perform regular health checks identifying and recommending any potential service improvements.
- Significant number of years' experience in a specialist support/delivery role in a medium to large organisation, with significant technical delivery/support responsibility
- Excellent customer-facing skills, including critical issue escalation & resolution, root cause analysis / corrective actions, and leading with accountability
- Deep technical knowledge/specialism of the following technologies to "Expert" level:
- VMware Cloud Foundation/ Netapps Storage/Microsoft Server platforms, Dell Vxrail ( HCI)
- Managing and upgrading Active directory in a multi domain environment
- Global Monitoring and Alerting
- Domain Services ( DNS , DHCP, IPAM, PKI, MFA, DFS,NTP, File and Print)
- Backup, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Day to day and Datacentre operations in the Platforms environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to be an effective team player
- Experience of configuring, implementing, developing and supporting complex solutions with a value in excess of £1m.
- Experienced in impact analysis and technical risk assessment.
- Previous experience of budgetary and financial controls are desirable.
- Fully conversant with ITIL principles and a thorough working knowledge of Incident, Change & Problem Management.
- Understanding of culture in its broadest sense and the diversity of a global organisation.
- Degree qualified or equivalent industry experience/certifications
For more information please click APPLY NOW.