Senior Project Manager
Contract duration: 6 months (possibility of extension)
Rate: £550 - £600 a day - Umbrella - Please note this role is inside IR35
Location - Malvern, Worcestershire
Will be required to work on sight, very limited remote opportunities.
Security Clearance required
The client is in the defence industry and is at the world-centre of excellence in research and development, and act as catalyst for fast-track innovation, offering outstanding experimentation facilities, technical, engineering and scientific expertise. The land, sea and air ranges that they operate are some of the most advanced in the world.
They offer their customers agile and realistic testing and training experiences that are reliable, cost-effective and an accurate representation of the threats and challenging scenarios they face.
The role will involve leading on complex bids and managing range of complex software and hardware engineering projects, often with projects managers directly reporting to the senior project manager for delivery of projects and bids.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline (customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales).
- Ensuring project members operate in line with the Operating Framework & functional competency management requirements.
- Resolving conflicts (including prioritisation calls) within the project and collaborating across the organisation.
- Maintenance of forecasts (both financial and resource demand signal) for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements (including life-cycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate) for foundation sales and delivery work.
- Reporting progress on all accountability's to programme / portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry of data onto SAP CRM relating to your opportunities, and maintain this data to reflect any changes in key inputs including: Order Value, Order Intake Scenario, Bid Due date, Closing Date, Sales Stage, Margin, Revenue Profile and up to date notes.
Requirements and Experience
- Experience overseeing complex hardware and software engineering projects
- Strong leadership, and the ability to influence others
- Stakeholder management
- Conflict and negotiation management
- Hold or be eligible for SC Clearance is a must
- Solid experience in managing complex software engineering projects
- Ability and track record in leading and driving high performing teams, including managing multi-disciplinary teams (>30 team size)
- Demonstrable experience in managing multiple, interdependent threads of development, many of which are on the critical path, in addition to independent activities
- Ability to work and liaise across a large programme, e.g. working with hardware, test and integration to ensure delivery of an integrated product
- Managing sub-contracts and subcontractors
- Experience of both agile processes and waterfall
- Ability to use JIRA, Confluence and Atlassian
- Familiarity with EVM reporting
- Demonstrable capability to International Project Management Association Level B.
- Experience gained, typically rather than necessarily, between 3-5 years of leading a business, projects, programmes, portfolios or P3 function and successfully delivering complex projects.
- Experience delivering projects to 3 different customers.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.