Senior Customer Account Representative
Mon to Fri
£23,800 p/a - £29,800 p/a
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Customer Account Representative to join an FTSE 250 International company specializing in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defence and Energy markets.
Using your experience as a Senior Customer Account Representative, you will:
- Assists with a variety of customer accounts, particularly those with LTAs and MTAs and customers with less frequent orders.
- Perform contract review, including screening customers' orders against existing LTAs, MTAs, the Client's standard terms and conditions, or other published contractual guidelines. Requires a detailed knowledge of the relevant documents. If the customers' orders vary from the Client's existing requirements, seek appropriate guidance from management.
- Ensures purchase orders are accurate and complete. Confirms appropriate internal stakeholders have signed off on purchase orders. Formally acknowledge purchase orders by the method and timing decided with the customer (i.e., email or portal acknowledgement within ten days, per LTA).
- Gathers information from site Finance, Supply Chain, Operations and Commercial functions to prepare cost sheets (considering hours/materials) and quotations for final approval by senior leaders, particularly for out-of-production products. Ensures that quoted prices for all orders (original equipment, spare parts, or repair work) are accurate before customers deliver.
- The SCAR will serve as the primary Client liaison with major original equipment manufacturers within certain product groups.
- Identifies significant problems and escalates such matters to the Customer Account Manager, then tracks the issue until resolved. Acts as the voice of the customer and ensure timely resolution to all customer orders and enquiries. Frequently assembles ad hoc working teams to review customers' questions and prepare replies using input from multiple functions and internal stakeholders.
- Monitors and actively manages customer portals to ensure acceptable prices, quantities, lead times, and contract terms. Utilizes business systems, including Salesforce/CRM, portal management and workflow tools, to expedite receiving, reviewing, replying and booking orders.
- Frequent speaking is expected with other Customer Service team members, including employees who are primarily administering orders and attendance at regular team meetings to provide updates on customer orders, delivery status, and issue escalation. Participate in the Client Production System program at the applicable site or product group level by attending Daily Layered Accountability meetings, raising issues related to assigned customer accounts, seeking assistance when necessary, and assigning tasks.
- Compiles, analyzes and delivers customer order data and (internal/external) score cards for Strategic Account Managers (SAMs) and sales team members. The analysis includes verifying the accuracy, reconciling discrepancies, and summarizing and preparing presentations regarding delivery performance and order history to assist in pursuing new sales opportunities. Detailed knowledge of customers' order history and the Client's products is expected in this role.
- Support the creation of monthly and annual forecasts based on historical sales data, customer trends, judgment and experience; support the supply chain and procurement team with forecasting and material planning.
- Collaborate directly and attend meetings with the Finance function, including Financial Shared Services Centre, to help manage and reduce accounts receivables; accountable for resolving disputes that impact cash collection.
- Attend training, follow industry trends and maintain a working knowledge of regulatory requirements related to the customers, orders, and products for which the SCAR is responsible.
- Provide support and guidance to the level 1 customer account colleagues and delegate as necessary.
What do we require?
You will need a Bachelor's Degree with at least two years of industry experience or a High School Diploma/Higher Education Qualification with at least five years of relevant experience. This experience includes customer service, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, Salesforce.com, and Robot Morning/Demand Line.
We would also like you to have:
- 2-4 years of experience in customer account management or similar
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures and awareness of the regulations about the products and customers for which the employee is responsible (i.e., FAR, DFARS, DEFCON, etc.)
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
- Good/Strong/Excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Ability to influence stakeholders
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Building and maintaining customer/client relationships
- Well-organized, conscientious, and able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and follow detailed instructions with minimal supervision to meet deadlines
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to visualize and plan objectives and goals strategically
- Conflict management skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and accounting applications
- Intermediate level knowledge of PC software applications and strong understanding of PC operating systems
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilize your Senior Customer Account Representative experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.