Job Title: Senior Commercial Officer
Location: Staverton, Gloucestershire, GB, GL51 6SR
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Officer.
Come and join the UK Aviation commercial team in helping to deliver successful commercial outcomes for the UK Aviation business.
We are looking for a commercially astute individual to work within our Onshore commercial team who is a driven individual and wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for:
* Commercial management of contracts including managing relationships with customers, partners, conducting negotiations, issue identification, and problem resolution.
* Commercial evaluation and management of change requests and associated contract amendments, ensuring that the contract baseline is up to date.
* Support bid activity by assisting in preparing and reviewing commercial proposals, including terms and conditions, in order to minimise company risks.
* Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating commercial agreements with relevant parties.
* Administration of contract management tools and registers, ensuring that commercial control is maintained throughout the relevant projects' lifecycle.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be Degree qualified in Business, Engineering, Law or similar subject.
Would also like you to hold experience in the following:
* Basic understanding of contract law, as well as an understanding of service/outsourcing contracts
* Strong commercial acumen with the drive to succeed to achieve outstanding results
* Comfortable in applying relevant tools and techniques to support decisions and thinking creatively about problems and problem solving solutions
* Experienced in instilling a culture of collaboration and leading by example in actions, delivery and behaviours
* Experience of contract management including diligent document control, reporting, drafting
Lastly you'll need a Full UK Driving Licence and commercial and business awareness together with understanding of contract management including diligent document control, reporting and drafting.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- 14 days ago