Contract until the end of December 2022
£32 p/hour PAYE
My client is seeking an experience Buyer to join their busy Fareham based team. The successful candidate will have strong background in procurement and managing multiple suppliers.
This position enables delivery of procurement's objectives by specific management of an assigned supplier group by managing large and very complex supplier procurement activities in a specific commodity area. In addition, this role will be responsible to support development of, implement, and manage strategic sourcing activities and commodity strategies for their specific area of control, supporting new product introduction activities, and support integrated product teams, aligned with client policies, processes and direction.
- Manage large, complex electronic component supplier and relationships to ensure quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness targets are achieved.
- Manage system & supply chain performance parameters such as supplier contract, lead times, MOQ's, delivery frequency etc.
- Develop and agree contracts as required and manage and enforce complex contractual obligations.
- Drive annual cost down and minimize supplier cost increases. Accountable for commodity Purchase Cost Variance (PCV) performance for designated suppliers.
- Identify and manage supply continuity risks for the entire electronics component portfolio, identifying robust mitigation actions to enable our customer requirements to be achieved.
- Establish and expand key Electronic component Manufacturer & Distribution relationships to provide long term supply capability.
- Create and implement supply continuity procedures which enable supply risks to be identified and managed in an accelerated way.
- Conduct large spend category RFQ's, evaluation, negotiations, and sourcing as directed in order to obtain a full range of products and services from suppliers that meet planned performance targets and client guidelines.
Skills / Knowledge Required
- Understand key factors in managing a Procurement buyer's portfolio, incl robust decision making skills, capability to analyse and construct business cases based on supplier provided data.
- Ability to accurately assess key supplier metrics and situations
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong project management and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders in a timely and effective manner
- Demonstrates a high level of ethical behaviour in exercising judgement and discretion in matters of significance
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
Please submit your CV in the first instance.