Duration: 12 months
Location: The Maynard Centre, Forest Farm Ind Est, Longwood Dr, Cardiff CF14 7YT
Rate: £17.95-20.50 (negotiable)
- Working with cross-functional teams to help design, develop and transfer customer products into manufacturing.
- Perform experiments to validate and optimize custom assays. Typically, PCR based.
- Ensure analysis and experimental data is accurate and timely.
- Develop and execute process validation and transfer activities for prototypes moving into Manufacturing.
- Prepare and present technical data with internal and external collaborators.
- Working with cross functional teams across to support project plans and ensure adherence to schedules and project deadlines.
- Maintain accurate records and document experimental results in elab notebooks.
This role will predominately work lyophilizing customers PCR based assays. Lyophilisation experience is preferred but candidates with PCR, DNA / RNA extraction experience will be considered. Candidates with New Product Introduction (NPI) experience or experience transferring prototypes into a manufacturing environment will also be considered.
- 1-3 years productive and broad PCR assay experience.
- Experience transferring prototypes into Manufacturing.
- Experience in the development of or running different PCR techniques (e.g. PCR, QPCR or LAMP).
- Experience of working within a large-scale industrial environment would be beneficial.
- Theoretical and or practical experience working with freeze driers / lyophilisers.