Title: SC Cleared Flight Systems Engineer
Duration: 12 months
Rate: Up to £70 p/h
- Working within the Aerospace Engineering Team, a Flight Systems Engineer is responsible for the efficient and effective conduct of specific and proportionate Independent Technical Evaluation (ITE) activities. These activities will through assessment of Design Organisation, Industry qualification and test evidence, determine the impact of modifications to the platform's Flight Systems on the safety and airworthiness of the aircraft.
- In this role, you will own and act as the focal point/lead for an allocated sub-system, collaborating with other domain SMEs to produce an integrated output in DOORS®. Although you will be a Flight Systems SME, this role benefits from a broad experience of other specialist domains, e.g. Mission Systems, Safety and Software Engineering, Weapons Integration, Human Factors and EMC.
- Evaluation activities will typically encompass Air platform Certification, Qualification, Performance and Operability domains, where you will provide specialist engineering technical advice and consultation leading to the production of advice to the MoD Customer to support the platform safety case and Release to Service. You will, in some cases, be required to witness industry rig and flight-testing and act as the customer representative. In addition, you may be required to support or lead independent trials where you will be expected to produce a test plan and trials safety documentation in collaboration with the rest of the trial team.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required:
- Demonstrable evidence of having worked in, and having knowledge of, Aircraft / Air Platform Certification, Qualification, preferably covering Evaluation, Assessment, Test and Analysis Methods and Techniques.
- Demonstrable evidence of having worked in, and having knowledge of, Aircraft / Air Platform Regulatory & Legal Compliance, and Safety Regulations & Standards.
- Demonstrable evidence of having worked in, and having knowledge of, Flight Systems design/development, including an appreciation of the whole development lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of Safety techniques, processes, methods and tools and how to apply them in relation to the evidence and the ITE delivery.
- Practitioner level use of MS Office® and ideally experienced in the use of the IBM DOORS® toolset.
Applicants must hold a valid SC or be eligble to undergo the process.