SAP Project Manager
6 month contract | 40hrs per week
£535.85 per day Umbrella | £408.67 PAYE
About the role:
My client, a leading international aerospace, defence and security company are currently recruiting for a SAP Project Manager to join the team in their Portsmouth location.
Working within the PMO, reporting to the Programme leadership and working alongside other Project Managers you will manage SAP project/s or work streams within a large project. The Programme encompasses multiple large projects that are rolling out a template solution and have challenging deadlines & budgets.
- Define and gain business sign-off for the Project deliverables and scope
- Create a credible project plan
- Undertake resource scheduling and allocation that ensures your project delivers but is always aligned with other project plans
- Produce clear & concise status reporting. Use the latter to quickly identify where remedial action is required and follow through with that activity
- Identify and manage risks & issues. Escalate when appropriate
- Initiate & build successful relationships with the end user community, key stakeholders
- Take responsibility for ensuring that commitments are met
- Provide clear leadership. Coach and develop skills within your project team
- Ensure projects in the programme are completed in accordance with agreed designs, and to prescribed standards
- Ensure support processes implemented as prescribed in the approved design for each project
- Ensure handover documentation created and recoded in appropriate management systems
- Ensue projects delivered to time, cost & quality while tracking and recording any deviations
- Effective communications to division on project deviations, challenges and changes in the PMO using the communication approval hierarchy at all times.
- Effective communication into the PMO of challenges and pipeline for the division
Qualification and Experience needed:
- Experience in delivering SAP Programmes and Projects
- Strong project management skills / methodology with a SAP background
- Experience of managing large projects with significant budget (£10m+).
- Strong experience of ASAP, Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
- Experienced in all phases of the project life-cycle, especially preparation, blueprint and realization
- Good cross-functional SAP knowledge.
- Managed teams which are across multi-locations, function and include external SI and contractors
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to gain instant credibility with project team members
- Expert in PowerPoint Presentations, Visio, Word Documents and Microsoft Project
- Awareness or knowledge of SAP modules
- Ability to create and follow a structured approach to managing a SAP project
- Willingness to drive as well as manage the project. Supplying energy & pace to the position and team to achieve the required results
- Build immediate credibility within the Programme and Business communities
- Have the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverables
- Able to give strong feedback and coaching to enhance the performance of team members in potentially difficult situations.
- Uses good judgment to quickly make difficult decisions.
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Some travel will be required with some overnight stays away from home
- SC Clearable - Dependent on the administrative privileges required for this role the job incumbent may have access to controlled technology and or information, and current or previous Security Clearance is advantageous.
If you are interested in the role, please apply immediately and we will be in touch to discuss suitability.