Job Title: Risk Manager
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh
Compensation: £38,250 - £50,750 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 45201
Build the Future
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Risk Manager at our Clyde site
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers' defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility
The Risk Manager is based within our HMNB Clyde business area.
As the Ministry of Defence's commercial partner at HMNB Clyde, Babcock provides specialist engineering support services, including the management of infrastructure and nuclear facilities. We also deliver operational maintenance, upgrades and repairs to support Royal Navy vessels, including the Vanguard and Astute-Class nuclear submarines.
The role The difference our new Risk Manager will make
As a Risk Manager you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. As part of a team delivering support direct to the Royal Navy, you will manage Risk activities on projects/programmes in complex situations. You will present risk reports and statistics to Senior stakeholders both internally and Royal Navy, achieving or exceeding the budgeted performance on all contracts.
Day to day, you will support Fleet Project Managers in delivering projects within the required safety, time, cost and quality targets through the provision of specialist risk management function
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you'll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met.
- Ideally, you will be degree educated in a relevant discipline (e.g. Risk Management or Project Managmeent) but, this isn't essential.
- Relevant Professional Memberships and/or qualifications from appropriate bodies (i.e. the IRM, APM, MoR) are preferred but, not essential.
- Demonstrable Risk Management Expertise
- You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Experience in contract management, budgeting and cost control
- Ability to coach and work with people and having influencing skills as well as strong customer interaction and negotiations
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Working from home and flexible work patterns
- Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
- Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.