Job Title: Repair Assistant
Duration: 6 months
Salary: £16.44 P/H PAYE
Our client who produces components, sub systems, aerospace defence and selective energy markets are looking for a Repair Assistant to join their ever growing team.
- Moving wheels / tyres / brakes and other components around the work area using a picker truck and pedestrian truck to assist.
- To clean and perform basic maintenance on machinery used.
- To clean wheels / brakes and parts removed operating all machinery involved with cleaning
- To maintain housekeeping in work area in accordance with the Environmental policy of the company
- Remove paint and corrosion from wheels and brakes using a chemical dip and media blast method
- Use air tools and assist in removal of bolts from wheels and brakes
- Removal of worn brake pads by drilling out of old rivets
- To liaise with Team Leader for requirements
- Complete training to gain stamp in respect of limited assembly operations (W4)
- Follow instructions to carry out limited assembly operations (W4)
- Record completion of task accordingly (W4)
- Re-treating Wheel and Brake components with Paint, following instructions given in documents such as Component Maintenance Manuals and Drawings
- Education: A good standard of general education; able to follow written instructions and complete simple paperwork
- Experience: Up to 4 months experience using hand tools and/or working in an engineering environment
- Complexity of Work: Detailed work procedures available to give clear instructions on tasks required
- Control of Accuracy: Components must be disassembled accurately, and care is required in the use of hand tools
- Physical Skills (Co-ordination): Good hand eye co-ordination in use of hand tools.
- Physical Handling: Considerable physical demand lifting and handling wheel, brakes, and other materials
- Mental Effort: tasks are largely performed in line with laid down procedures and prioritising workload
- Working Conditions: General factory conditions
- Use of: Picker/Pedestrian trucks, cranes, assembly equipment and other machinery and cleaning chemicals.
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV for review.