Quality Inspector - Mechanical/Manufacturing
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £30 p/hour PAYE
To undertake the inspection of Products processed through the value stream. The Ideal candidate needs to cover all aspects of the business. Working closely with the quality and engineering team to process parts in an effective/timely manner.
- Inspection of parts (from component parts to full assemblies) in line with company procedures and documentation such as work instructions, engineering drawings, and inspection control plans.
- Ability to read drawings & specifications and relate them to the product to determine conformity.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance GD&T.
- To be flexible to cover the full scope of skills in order to meet the needs of the whole business.
- To work under time sensitive targets and goals that ensures product flows efficiently through the business.
- Ability to use manual & machine inspection measuring equipment, typically callipers, micrometres, faro arm, CMM, XRF technology and hardness testing.
- Ability to program CMM.
- The ability to raise NCR/QN documentation with clear problem statements.
- Interact with business ERP system and data collection software including SAP, Visual FAI and any other business tool.
- Ability and Attitude to develop and improve the inspection process via Continuous Improvement.
- Ability to plan and conduct product process audits.
- Ability to lead basic problem-solving activities
- Operate as part of a team that makes the most effective use of Inspection resource.
- SAP Knowledge.
- Experience in an MRO Part 145 environment.
If you wish to apply for the role, then please forward an up to date CV to be considered.