Mon to Fri
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Inspector to join a FTSE 250 International company who specialise in components and sub-systems for the Aerospace, Defence and Energy markets. My Client provides Engine Systems including Flow Control, Thermal Systems, Engine Composites and Engine Sensors for both Civil and Defence Aerospace Customers.
My Client knows that improving engine efficiency and reliability, as well as enhancing safety and minimising downtime are top priorities for aerospace engine manufacturers.
Using your experience as a Quality Inspector, you will:
* Inspection of parts where required in line with company policies, procedures and documentation such as engineering drawings, and inspection control plans.
* Ability to use inspection equipment including callipers, micrometres, faro arm, CMM, XRF technology and hardness testing.
* Competent when undertaking traditional manual inspection.
* Raise NCR/QN documentation where required.
* Work with SQE's/QE's and team members
* Quality Clinic activities where required.
* Interact with MCSB ERP and data collection software such as SAP and Visual FAI.
* Work effectively with Engineering, Manufacturing and Operational teams to eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality.
* Quality systems experience in ISO9001 / AS9100 / QS9000
* Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing GD&T
* Understanding and implementation of best practice inspection methods
* Ability to use inspection equipment including callipers, micrometres, faro arm, CMM, XRF technology
* Operate as part of a team that makes the most effective use of Inspection resource
* Any other tasks considered commensurate with your role by your Manager.
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilise your Quality Inspector experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career in the aerospace sector. My Client provides full training and career development opportunities.
What experience do I need?
You will have 12 months experience of similar repair work.
We would also require experience of the following:
Frequent use of shop or handbook formulae, complicated drawings, regular use of a range of precision instruments, with a broad shop trade knowledge.