Role: Quality Engineer
Duration: 6 - 12 months - Potential for Extension
Rate: £40 P/HOUR - PAYE
Location: Coventry, CV79JU
The Quality Engineer has a responsibility for product quality from the supply chain through to the delivered parts at the customer base. The role will support the programme of product conformance is executed and improvements reported and realised.
The Quality engineer Executes the quality strategy that is developed by the Quality leadership team within the value stream assigned.
This role supports internal and external quality processes & to act as a lead interface to: Customers, Suppliers, Internal Customers - Value stream leaders
The Quality Engineer will drive improvements into the business from internal data analysis, customer & supplier inputs.
This role will require an experienced individual capable of understanding, interpreting and communicating customer requirements and ensuring internal value streams & suppliers deliver Right First Time every time.
To develop the whole supply chain from (supplier base to customer) to deliver 100% quality & 100% Delivery, utilising & training modern tools such as Lean, RCCA, FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, FAI.
- Lead initiatives that improve product & processes throughout the area of responsibility
- Provision of quality guidance to the value stream on matters relating to product assurance and quality
- Demonstrates leadership behaviours in line with Meggitt High Performance Culture
- Responsible for managing collation of data key site metrics, & reporting them to the Quality Engineering Manager & the assigned value stream leader
- Responsible for the cross training of other quality engineers, and other staff members of quality tools
- Support daily DLA with functional team members and within the assigned value stream.
- Present findings of quality investigations in a clear and concise manner
- Provides to the external customers an interface that robustly supports customer needs, and acts as the First point of contact on all customer issues
- Ensuring All returns are managed to customer expectation
- To act as the voice of the customer into the site, also being the face of Meggitt to the customer interface
- Provides to the internal customers an interface that robustly supports customer needs
- Drives the 'zero defect' tool kit across all customer events
- Provides to the external supply base an interface that robustly supports Meggitt & supplier needs
- First point of contact on all supplier issues from internal discovery, and from the supply base
- Work with suppliers to develop robust process in line with the defined quality engineer tools
- Drives the 'zero defect' tool kit across all supplier events