Job Title: Quality Engineer
Duration: 6 months
- This position has a responsibility for product quality from the supply chain through to the delivered parts at the customer base. The role will support the programme of product conformance is executed and improvements reported and realised.
- The Quality engineer Executes the quality strategy that is developed by the Quality leadership team within the value stream assigned.
- This role supports internal and external quality processes & to act as a lead interface to:- Customers, Suppliers, Internal Customers - Value stream leaders
- To drive improvements into the business from internal data analysis, customer & supplier inputs.
- This role will require an experienced individual capable of understanding, interpreting and communicating customer requirements and ensuring internal value streams & suppliers deliver Right First Time every time.
- To develop the whole supply chain from (supplier base to customer) to deliver 100% quality & 100% Delivery, utilising & training modern tools such as Lean, RCCA, FMEA, MSA, SPC, PPAP, FAI.
- Lead initiatives that improve product & processes throughout the area of responsibility Provision of quality guidance to the value stream on matters relating to product assurance and quality Demonstrates leadership behaviours in line with Meggitt High Performance Culture
- Supports the Quality Engineering Manager& Value stream manager in the deployment of short, medium and long term objectives with respect to product assurance and quality.
- Drives the deployed leading indicators within the function and value stream and in supports other functions as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing collation of data key site metrics, & reporting them to the Quality Engineering Manager & the assigned value stream leader
- Responsible for the cross training of other quality engineers, and other staff members of quality tools Support daily DLA with functional team members and within the assigned value stream. Present findings of quality investigations in a clear and concise manner
- RCCA - 8D Leading RCCA events following an 8D methodology
- FMEA Leading FMEA activities within the assigned value stream
- Driving the use of FMEA during the RCCA events to reduce risk of process variation
- Qualified to lead audits to the AS9100 standard.