Purification Research Technician
Location: On site - Stevenage, UK
Duration: 6 months initially.
Rate: £12-£13 an hour PAYE.
The client is a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. They provide the the tools and services that their customers need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
They are looking for a Purification Research Technician with a knowledge of Chromatography to work with their expert Chromatography Development team
What you'll do
- Responsible for testing and reporting R&D samples for new membrane chromatography products.
- Write reports and submit data generated from various analytical methods.
- Work closely with a cross-disciplinary R&D team of Biologists, Chemists, Engineers and Material Scientists to support process development activities.
- Provide support to ensure laboratory compliance to Environment Health & Safety regulations
- Be responsible for executing workload from multiple projects.
- Learn to operate systems inlcuding Akta and HPLC.
- Will be responsible for maintaining quality standards throughout buffer making for all LC processes.
- Report out results to a DSP engineer in a clear and thorough way.
Who you are
- Ability to work on your feet for an extended period of time
- Experience or knowledge of Chromatography - studied modules on this subject
- Good attention to detail
- Confident participating in teams and on your own
- Confident in basic maths and conversions across metric scales
- Organised, and hardworking, fast learner
- Ideally some lab based experience or a BSc in a biological science, but not required
If you feel you are a good match for this position, plese submit your CV in the first instance.