Title: Project Quality Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £37.50 Umbrella
The Naval Project Quality Engineer (PQE) has a responsibility to ensuring that the contractual quality requirements (in terms of inspection notification, execution, documentation collection, management of non-conformance reports etc.) are compliant with the scope of supply.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Quality interface to customer and internal partners, participate in quality / project meetings.
- Support witness point schedule, communicate inspection notifications to customer and participate in witness inspections as required.
- Support documentation submittal process, from receipt - internal approval - customer submittal - customer approval; with approved SPP / MITP returned to originator.
- Non-conformance Report (NCR) coordination as ordering unit / assignment group, NCR and CoPQ follow-up.
- Support and lead root cause analysis in the project, such as 8D, A3, 5Why, etc..
- Prepare End of Manufacture Report (EoMR) documentation for submittal to customer, as per ITP and / or contractual requirements.
Seek out, share and institutionalize best practices and lessons learned across the project.
- Formal technical and / or quality qualification with practical manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Steam Turbine and / or Generator Business.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a combination of Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and Supply Chain environments.
- 8D problem resolution, FMEA and other related quality methodologies.
Ideally SC Cleared and Nuclear Safety Certified