Role Title: PMO / Project Manager
Location: Edinburgh (successful candidate must be Edinburgh based)
Duration: 12 Months
Rate: £500.00 - £525 PAYE
- The Product Delivery function is part of the Banks & Broker Dealer sector within Market & Securities Services. It sits in the center of the teams for Product Managers, Product Users & Product Developer areas. The function ensures collaboration across the different teams where there are product deliverables to be made.
- The role as PMO is required to manage the delivery of the governance, reporting, planning and support services for projects and portfolios, within Investor Services & BBD enabling Securities Services to deliver change to our clients. Supporting the Portfolio Director/ Programme Manager to ensure delivery to agreed business plans within cost, quality and timescale objectives and to ensure that change is executed in line with, and using, the Securities Services Change policies and procedures.
- The role as Project Manager is required to work with the Programme Manager and Business to define requirements, agree project structure & benefits, driving delivery within committed timelines. Pragmatic application of project management methodologies, use of clearly defined delivery roadmap and robust financial and risk management
- The role will also define the scope of Industry, Regulatory, Product Enhancements and Client driven change across Custody. A key part of the role will be to understand and deliver the business and functional requirements for prioritized changes and manage the change to completion. The role will focus on the processing lifecycles for post trade within the UK Direct & Global Custody business lines of Securities Services.
- This role will work closely with the other teams within Banks & Broker Dealer Sector including the Product Team to define appropriate solutions for business problems, and the operational teams to validate the operational effectiveness of any solutions as well as the Product Developer teams to ensure there is a robust scalable solution in place.
- The role must work collaboratively with regional and global product delivery managers (front to back) to ensure successful delivery of requirements to enable operational or technical changes to be completed as part of any implementation.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Manage expectations by developing and executing a communication process to keep others up to date on project or change status.
- Understand and negotiate needs and expectations of multiple stakeholders.
- Develop close and effective working relationships with multiple internal & external teams.
- Stakeholder Management: Engages with a diverse group of Stakeholders to influence required actions to meet project milestones and address risk.
- Internal/External Relationships: Builds and maintains relevant internal networks to share knowledge and best practice and to build the profile and capability of the PMO and change management Community.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
Ensure that all changes are delivered to the highest standards of quality including signed off documentation, application of quality assurance process and effective communication to ensure business readiness is completed.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-starter mind-set, proactively identifying issues and opportunities.
- Strong background & knowledge of Post Trade Industry, Securities Services and Fund Servicing is advantageous but not essential.
- Use commercial awareness to solve problems with the greatest business impact by choosing and applying flexible and creative approaches.
- Ability to tackle multiple projects simultaneously and switch focus as necessary.
- Bachelor degree and 5 years of practical experience in PMO/PM roles.
- Evidence of sound understanding of agile working practices and project management skills: this may include formal qualifications (Prince2 or APM) and/or certified online courses and/or evidence of practical experience.
- Awareness of process involvement methodologies for example LEAN, Six Sigma or Work Out.
- Commercially minded and confident working with numbers in a business environment.
- Experience in digitizing processes, and desire to drive delivery and execution of digital initiatives.
- Strong documentation skills to produce business analytics artefacts and / or client presentations.
- Promotes and takes accountability for quality; identifies opportunities to improve delivery and oversees the governance process to reduce risk and ensure effective and timely decisions.
- Experience of digital technologies, solutions and data driven design is useful.
- Experience of implementing project control standards, including change control, financial management, risk management and reporting is high desirable.
- Sound understanding of IT infrastructure and software development lifecycle in the context of system changes. Problem solving and critical thinking. Experience of working in environments with digital and data technologies is highly desirable (but not essential).