Duration: 6 Months
Location: Cheltenham - Hybrid Working
Pay: £55 per hour - Inside IR35
We are currently recruiting for a Control Account Manager to work within Test Systems acting as a project manager to utilise experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others The successful candidate will be required to influence short-term and some long-term business goals.
Accountable to the Engineering Project Manager (EPM) for delivering the scope associated with the designated control accounts (CAs), within the committed cost, schedule, and quality constraints. The Test System Department designs and develops state of the art custom test Hardware and Software, Test Harnesses and Documentation for all up and coming Avionics and Power products.
Working closely with 3rd party manufacturing houses to produce Test Equipment to our requirements. We also design and manufacture a variety of smaller test boxes, breakout boxes and test in house to support NPI development.
- Lead the project execution of the assigned engineering team to deliver on commitments as well as co-ordinating and organising teams. Motivating and guiding, providing leadership and vision whilst driving execution excellence, in a compliant manner.
- Engage with support functions across the matrix where necessary to deliver engineering objectives.
- Makes commitments to the Engineering Project Manager (EPM,) on behalf of their team, for delivery of the assigned scope against the agreed cost, schedule, and quality targets.
- Engage functional organisations to secure the resources and skillsets necessary to deliver the assigned scope. Work with functional leaders in identifying and resolving any performance issues with the assigned team.
- Drives Risk Management best practice, quantifies engineering risk to the EPM via a local engineering risk register. Pro-actively plan risk mitigation activities within the team to minimise project impacts.
- Work to identify and quantify internal and external dependencies and ensure dependencies are reflected within the project plans.
- Work within the program and project change process to ensure that any agreed scope changes, are 'consumed' by the engineering team in a controlled and co-ordinated way, and the change impacts are reflected into the detailed engineering plans
- Adhering to the sites Monthly operating Rhythm (MOR), updating the detailed plans for the assigned works, and interfacing with the Program Management Office (PMO) to submit monthly status and plans to the project schedule. Prepare variance reports and works with the EPM to identify and, where possible, resolve cost or schedule variances.
- Support the EPM in stakeholder reviews, including internal program or business reviews, and external customer reviews, generate the necessary KPIs and operational data for the assigned CAs to support these reviews.
- Act as first point of contact (POC) in managing external suppliers. Facilitate the necessary technical interactions between the supplier and engineering team. Escalate and work with the sourcing to resolve any supplier performance or contract negotiation issues.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in the project management/control field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proven ability to deal with suppliers and hold suppliers accountable for short comings.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Experience in Aviation/Aerospace industries is highly desirable
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organisational ability.
If this role is of interest, please submit your CV for review