Mon to Fri
Salary £30,000 to £40,000 per annum, dependent on experience
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join a world leading and multiple award winning security and defence technology service provider. We work with the most high profile clients on the cutting edge projects.
You will be joining a high performing team of multi-disciplinary engineers as a Project Engineer at a test facility, delivering mission critical test and evaluation of defence related products. You will develop the necessary skills to simulate some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for service.
What will I be doing?
You will be supporting the Trials Manager, taking all trials through the Hazardous Activity Management (HAM) process including the creation of safety paperwork such as Hazardous activity risk assessments, safety briefs, handling and transport plans.
Produce the trials safety certificate ensuring it is authorised by the required people prior to testing.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the design and manufacture of any rigs required for the programme of work, ensuring rigs are delivered before testing is due to start.
- Managing and host customer visits. This includes requesting the relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements (RAMS) and competencies before attending site
- Producing a Trials Instruction and managing any trial deviations
- Producing trials reports on completion of a test activity
- Working with the delivery engineers to resolve day to day trial issues to ensure projects are delivered on time
What do I need?
You'll need to have a HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering and IOSH Managing Safely or an equivalent risk qualification would be highly desirable.
We would also like you to:
- Understand Customer requirements and technical solutions
- Work with detailed project plans
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Must have drivers licence and own car
The role is an excellent opportunity to utilise your experience in an innovative industry and progress through a successful career. Full training and career development opportunities are provided.
Excellent benefits including a defined contribution pension scheme, 25 days holiday, share save scheme, dental plan, life assurance and discount schemes.
If you're ready to apply, Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted, we will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.